- MT applicants:
- Baccalaureate degree in accounting or business related field from a regionally accredited institution
- Official transcripts for all undergraduate and graduate programs in which six or more credits were received must be sent directly from that institution
- One of the following: Passed CPA exam, GMAT or GRE scores received within the last five years. Students who hold a previous master degree or another certified license such as an Enrolled Agent (EA) or Certified Financial Planner (CFP) may also seek a GMAT/GRE waiver.
- One year of professional tax experience (preferred, but not required)
- Completed application with $50 application fee
- One letter of recommendation (professional or academic)
- International applicants: TOEFL minimum score of 100 on Internet-based exam or 600 on paper-based exam and a transcript evaluation if graduated from a foreign institution. Applicants required to take the TOEFL should request that scores be sent directly to Villanova University (code 2959) Course-by-course transcript evaluation by World Education Services
Spring 2022 Application Deadline: November 30th
Cost of Attendance
TUITION FOR 2021-2022 ACADEMIC YEAR
Cost Per Credit: $1,550 Total Tuition: $46,500
Varies per course. The average cost of course materials for Villanova University graduate tax students is $75 per credit hour.
$50 non-refundable fee
None. The degree can be completed 100% online.
Disclaimer: Every attempt is made to ensure the information displayed on this page is accurate. However, the information contained herein is not to be considered official. Changes may be made to courses and curriculum requirements. Degree requirements along with a brief overview of each course is provided below. Courses and course descriptions are for informational purposes only and are subject to change.
Semester/Quarter Credit Hours: 30
Required Courses: 12
Core Courses: 6
Elective/Specialization Courses: 6
Fall and Spring, and Summer Semesters:
Term A = 8 weeks
Term B = 8 weeks
CORE COURSES (18 TOTAL CREDIT HOURS)
ELECTIVE/SPECIALIZATION COURSES (3 COURSES/6 TOTAL CREDIT HOURS)
Courses and course descriptions are for informational purposes only and are subject to change.
Employee Benefits Certificate
The Employee Benefits Certificate is available to attorneys, accountants, and other highly-qualified professionals. The curriculum focuses on the field of employee benefits law with coursework designed from the practitioner’s perspective and provides students with a comprehensive foundation in the complex federal laws that govern the taxation of employee benefits. Contact an Enrollment Advisor to learn more.
Estate Planning Certificate
Learn to effectively navigate federal estate and gift tax laws by developing a specialized expertise in estate planning. This graduate certificate explores the intricacies of estate tax through courses that cover wealth tax, trusts, charitable gift planning and more. Earn a graduate certificate in estate planning by completing five courses as a standalone program or in conjunction with your LLM or MT. Graduates emerge with skills to assist individuals and businesses through a range of complex estate tax issues. Contact an Enrollment Advisor to learn more.
State and Local Tax Certificate
Expand your expertise to include a specialized focus on State and Local Taxation (SALT) to help today’s businesses remain in compliance with continually adapted requirements. Earn a graduate certificate in five courses as a standalone program or in conjunction with your LLM or MT. Courses are taught by leading SALT practitioners and are designed to help tax professionals provide in-demand state and local tax services. Contact an Enrollment Advisor to learn more.
Important Notices for Distance Education Students
The following includes important information for students participating in online courses, online programs and/or on-ground clinicals or practicums while physically located outside of Pennsylvania. Read the Notices for Distance Education Students