To be eligible for the online MBA program, you must provide the following materials:
- Completed online application
- Two essays
- Official transcripts from all institutions attended
- Two letters of recommendation (professional or academic)
- GMAT or GRE score
- TOEFL, transcript evaluation and interview (international applicants)
- Students can start the online MBA in any semester: Fall, Spring or Summer
Cost of Attendance
ONLINE MBA TUITION FOR 2020-2021
Cost Per Credit: $1,375
Total Tuition: $66,000
Varies per course. The cost of course materials for Villanova MBA students ranges from approximately $100-$500 per semester.
$65 non-refundable fee
Tuition includes onsite accommodations for the campus Leadership Challenge weekend residency and the international immersion. Students are responsible for their travel expenses.
Online MBA Curriculum
FUNDAMENTALS: 1.5 CREDIT HOURS
- Leadership Challenge 1.5
FUNCTIONAL CORE: 16.5 CREDIT HOURS
- Financial Accounting & Reporting 3.0
- Performance Management Fundamentals (ManagerialAccounting) 1.5
- Business Operations in the 21st Century 1.5
- Analyzing & Leveraging Data 3.0
- Corporate Finance 3.0
- Team Leadership and Group Dynamics 1.5
- Strategic Marketing Management 3.0
VSB PILLARS: 6 CREDIT HOURS
- Information Technology as a Strategic Lever 1.5
- Ethical Business Practices 1.5
- Management for Innovation and Creativity 1.5
- Global Political Economy 1.5
ELECTIVES: 15 CREDIT HOURS
Students are required to take 15 credits of electives. There are a variety of electives offered in the online track, and students may choose a combination of 3-credit and 1.5-credit classes to satisfy this requirement.
CAPSTONES: 9 CREDIT HOURS
- Social Enterprise Consulting Practicum 3.0
- Global Practicum* 3.0
- Global Strategic Management 3.0
Total Credits: 48
**Curriculum is subject to change.
The Villanova MBA is designed to equip students with the skills to innovate, adapt, and lead in an ever-changing international business environment. All of the classes at VSB emphasize a practical, real-world education and promote work across disciplines. The MBA curriculum is comprised of five core components: MBA Fundamentals, the Functional Core, VSB Pillars, Capstones and Electives. Consisting of 21 courses taken over six semesters—each of which are divided into two sessions—the 48-credit hour program is designed to be completed in two years. A brief overview of each course is provided below. Courses and course descriptions are for informational purposes only and are subject to change.
Students are required to take 15 credits of electives. Eleven electives will be offered in the online track including nine 3-credit and two 1.5-credit classes from which students can choose.
While not a program requirement, if interested, students can choose to pursue a specialization. Specializations are awarded to students who take a minimum of 7.5 credits within one of the below subject areas:
- Finance (FINC)
- Marketing (MKTG)
- Analytics (ANLT)
- Strategic Management (SMGT)
- International Business (IB)
Credits from electives counting toward two specializations can be applied toward both specializations. For those students who choose not to specialize, a general business MBA will be awarded upon successful completion of the program requirements.
Courses and course descriptions are for informational purposes only and are subject to change.
Important Notice for Online Prospective and Current Students
The following page includes important information regarding the University’s authorization status, students’ responsibilities related to relocation and programs leading to professional licensures, and the complaint process for online students. View Notices for Distance Education Programs (PDF).