Professor, Management & Operations
Bartley Hall Rm 2094
800 Lancaster Avenue
Villanova, PA 19085
- “Beyond Patient Classification: Using Individual Patient Characteristics in Appointment Scheduling,” with Peter Salzarulo and Sachin Modi, Production and Operations Management, 25(6), 2016, 1056-1072.
- “Optimizing Marketer Costs and Consumer Benefits Across ‘Clicks’ and ‘Bricks’,” with P. Daniel Wright, K. M. Bretthauer, and R. P. Hill, Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, 42, 2014, 619-641.
- “Eli Lilly and Company Uses Integer Programming to Form Volunteer Teams in Impoverished Countries,” with W. Winston and P. Daniel Wright, Interfaces, 43(3), 2013, 268-284.
- “Centralized Nurse Scheduling to Simultaneously Improve Schedule Cost and Nurse Satisfaction,” with P. Daniel Wright, Omega, 41(6), 2013, 1042-1052.
- “Using Online Pickup Site Inclusion Policies to Manage Demand in Retail/E-Tail Organizations,” with Peter Salzarulo and P. Daniel Wright, Computers and Operations Research, 39, 2012, p. 991-999.
- “Locating Specialized Service Capacity in a Multi-Hospital Network,” with Kurt M. Bretthauer and Peter Salzarulo, European Journal of Operational Research 212, 2011, p. 596-605.
- “Dual Channel Supply Chains: Challenges and Opportunities in E-Fulfillment,” with Kurt M. Bretthauer and P. Daniel Wright, Production and Inventory Management Journal, 47(2), 2011, p. 14-30.
Honors and Awards
- Recipient of the Barbara and Richard J. Naclerio VSB Scholar award in Analytics, VSB 2014-2017
- Recipient of the Daniel J. O’Mara Villanova School of Business Faculty Award for graduate teaching excellence, VSB 2016
- Recipient of the McDonough Family Faculty Award for research excellence, VSB 2014
- Recipient of the 2011 CSB/ISOM Department Teaching Award (first time awarded)
- Recipient of the 2010 Discere Aude Award for excellence in teaching at UNCW
- Recipient of the Cameron School of Business MBA Class of 2009 Outstanding Faculty Award
- Recipient of the Cameron School of Business MBA Class of 2008 Outstanding Faculty Award
- Recipient of the 2008 Discere Aude Award for excellence in teaching at UNCW
- Recipient of the Kelley School of Business William G. Panschar Teaching Excellence Award for the Outstanding Associate Instructor of the Year 2002-2003
- Supply Chain Management
- Operations Management
- Multi-Channel Supply Chains
- Analytics Applications
- Health Care Services
- Innovative Education in Operations & Decision Sciences
- EMB1064: Applied Analytics (Executive MBA)
- MGT3170: Data Mining
- VSB2008: Introduction to Business Analytics
- MBA8580: Introduction to Business Analytics (MBA)
- MSA8100: Introduction to Business Analytics (MSA)
- MSA8310: Advanced Business Applications (MSA)
Product Design Engineer at Dresser-Rand
Learn More: Online Master of Business Administration