Professor, Management & Operations
Bartley Hall Rm 3077
800 Lancaster Avenue
Villanova, PA 19085
BS, Philadelphia University, 1978
MS, University of Pennsylvania, 1980
PhD, Temple University, 1985
- “Factors Identified by Experts to Support Decision Making for Post-Acute Referral,” with K. H. Bowles, J. H. Holmes, S. J. Ratcliffe, M. J. Liberatore, and M. D. Naylor, Nursing Research, Vol. 58, No. 2 (2009), 115-122.
- “Helping Men Decide about Scheduling a Prostate Cancer Screening Exam,” with M. J. Liberatore, C. Daskalakis, E. Kunkel, J. Cocroft, and R. Myers, Interfaces, Vol. 39, No. 3 (2009), 209-217.
- “The Analytic Hierarchy Process in Medical and Health Care Decision Making: A Literature Review,” with M. J. Liberatore, European Journal of Operational Research, Vol. 189 (2008), 194-207.
- “A Survey of Operations Research Models in Homeland Security,” with D. Wright and M. J. Liberatore, Interfaces, Vol. 36, No. 6 (Nov.-Dec. 2006), 514-529.
Honors and Awards
- The John Tonkinson Teaching Innovation Award, Villanova University, 1999
- The Lindback Award for Teaching Excellence, Villanova University, 1992
- Villanova University Faculty Summer Research Award, 1989
- The College of Commerce & Finance, Research Award, Villanova University, 1991, 1989
- Beta Gamma Sigma, National Honor Society in Business and Management – Awarded Honorary Membership, 1991
Analytic Hierarchy Process; Public Health; Data Mining
Decision support and education of management science; the analytic hierarchy process in medical decision making settings
Business Decision Making; Data Mining; Simulation and Business Analytics
- Consultant, The Development of Decision Support Systems for Men Considering Prostate Cancer Early Detection (a study funded by Aetna U.S. Healthcare and the Department of Defense), 1998-2001
- Consultant, Factors to Support Effective Discharge Decision Making (a study funded by the Department of Health and Human Services, the National Institutes of Health (NIH), and the National Institute of Nursing Research), 2002
At VSB since 1987
Learn more about Villanova’s Online Master of Science in Analytics Program.