Professor, Accounting & Information Systems
Bartley Hall Rm 3089
800 Lancaster Avenue
Villanova, PA 19085
BS, Seoul National University, 1982
MBA, SUNY at Albany, 1987
PhD, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, 1992
M.Div., Westminster Theological Seminary, 2007
- S. Scheidt & Q. B. Chung, (2018). Making a case for speech analytics to improve customer service quality: Vision, implementation, and evaluation. International Journal of Information Management. DOI:10.1016/j.ijinfomgt.2018.01.002.
- X. Luo, W. Zhang, R. Bose, H. Li, & Q. B. Chung, (2018). Producing Competitive Advantage from an Infrastructure Technology: The Case of Cloud Computing. Information Systems Management, 35:2, 147-160.
- X. Luo, W. Zhang, H. Li, R. Bose, & Q. B. Chung, (2018). Cloud computing capability: Its technological root and business impact. Journal of Organizational Computing and Electronic Commerce, 28:3, 193-213.
- J. Sipior, J. Bierstaker, Q. B. Chung, & J. Lee. (2017). A Bring-Your-Own-Device Case for the Classroom. Communications of the Association for Information Systems, Vol. 41, Article 10.
- J. Bierstaker, Q. B. Chung, J. Lee & J. Sipior. (2014). A Real-World ERP Pre-Implementation Case for the Classroom. Communications of the Association for Information Systems, Vol. 34, Article 6.
- D. J. Olson & Q. B. Chung. (2013). Analyzing Strategies in Oligopolistic Hypercompetition: Perspectives from the Online Video Game Industry. Journal of Management Systems, 23:1, 1-23.
- A. Sweeney & Q .B. Chung. (2013). Opportunities and Challenges of Social Networking as Business Applications. Journal of Management Systems, 23:1, 69-82.
- W. Luo & Q. B. Chung. (2010). Retailer Reputation and Online Pricing Strategy. Journal of Computer Information Systems, 50: 50-56.
- Q. B. Chung. (2005). Sage on the Stage in the Digital Age: The Role of Online Lecture in Distance Learning. Electronic Journal of e-Learning, 3:1, 1-14.
- W. G. Bremser & Q. B. Chung. (2005). A Framework for Performance Measurement in the E-Business Environment. Electronic Commerce Research and Applications, 4:4, 395-412.
- Q. B. Chung. (1999). Role of Software in Developing Managerial Decision Strategies. Industrial Management & Data Systems, 99:5, 205-212.
- Q. B. Chung & R. M. O’Keefe. (1993). Provisions for Naive Users of Model Management Systems. European Journal of Information Systems, 2, 225-236.
- Q. B. Chung & R. M. O’Keefe. (1992). A Formal Analysis of the Model Management Literature. Annals of Operations Research, 38, 137-176.
Honors and Rewards
- Lindback Teaching Excellence Award, Honorable Mention (1999, 2001)
- Big Data
- Information Technology
- Christian Ethics
- Distance Education
- RFID (Radio Frequency Identification)
- CLEP (College Level Examination Program)
- Information Technology Strategy
- Big Data
- Trust and Deception in Digital Environment
- Distance Education
- Mobile Commerce
- Radio Frequency Identification (RFID)
- Healthcare Industry
- Business Dynamics
- IT as Strategic Lever
- Big Data – Theories and Practice
- Global Consulting Practicum – Asia
- Anatomy of Data Communications
- Programming for Adaptive Problem Solving
- Business Data Communications
- Fundamentals of E-business
- Telecommunications Management
- Analytical Methods for Text and Web Mining
- Engineer, Hyundai Heavy Industries Co., Ltd., Ulsan, Korea, 1982 – 1985.
- At VSB Since 1998
Learn more about Villanova’s Online Master of Science in Analytics Program.