Associate Professor, Accounting & Information Systems
Bartley Hall Rm 3027
800 Lancaster Avenue
Villanova, PA 19085
BA, Rutgers College, 1977
MBA, Northeastern University, 1980
PhD, Texas A&M University, 1984
- “Court Case Highlights that Sham Transactions Cannot Be Used to Step-Up Basis on Natural Gas Pipeline Assets.” Oil, Gas, & Energy Quarterly, 57 No. 3 (March 2009), 551-557.
- “Court Rules that Interest In LLPS, LLCS, and Tenancies In Common are not Presumed to be Interests as Limited Partners in a Limited Partnership for Purposes of Passive Activity Rules.” Oil, Gas & Energy Quarterly, 58, No. 2 (December 2009), 227-236.
- “United States District Court Rules that Incidence of Washington State Fuel Tax Lies on Tribal Retailers” Oil, Gas & Energy Quarterly (December 2006), pp. 315-326.
- “Court Ruling Highlights Excessive Executive Bonuses and the Accumulated Earnings Tax.” Oil & Gas Tax Quarterly (June 2004) Mathew Bender & Co.,Inc.
- “SEC Enforcement Actions Against Auditors: Auditing Education Linked to the Pitfalls of Audit Practice,” Issues in Accounting Education (Fall 1997), pp. 537-560.
- “A Note on Participation in Budgeting and Locus of Control” The Accounting Review (January 1986), pp. 112-117, (Co-authors Robert H. Strawser and Robert B. Welker).
Honors and Awards
Bridge Builders Award for Excellence in Teaching Students with Learning Disabilities 2009 Villanova University Summer Research Fellowship 2008 AFA Student Travel Award, AFA, 2004 FMA Graduate Travel Award, University of Utah, 2004
Financial Accounting; Managerial Accounting; Auditing; Accounting Information Systems; Oil, Gas, and Energy Tax Issues.
SEC; accounting; education; oil, gas and energy tax issues
Principles of Managerial Accounting (VSB 3006); Management Accounting MBA Level (MBA 8110); Performance Management and Reporting Fundamentals: A Global Accounting Perspective MBA Level (MBA 8150); Accounting Information Systems (ACC 2340); Financial Accounting (ACC 1101); MBA Math Online Primer (MBA 8050).
At VSB Since 1983