John F. Connelly Endowed Chair in Management Faculty Director, Center for Business Analytics Professor, Management and Operations
Bartley Hall Rm 3072
800 Lancaster Avenue
Villanova, PA 19085
BA, University of Pennsylvania, 1972
MS, University of Pennsylvania, 1973
PhD, University of Pennsylvania, 1976
- Liberatore, M. and Pollack-Johnson, B., “Improving Project Management Decision Making by Modeling Quality, Time, and Cost Continuously,” IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management, Vol. 60, No. 3 (August 2013), 518 – 528.
- Liberatore, M., and Luo, W., “ASP, the Art and Science of Practice: A Comparison of Technical and Soft Skills Required by Analytics and OR Professionals,” Interfaces, Vol. 43, No. 2 (March-April 2013), 194 – 197.
- With T. Miller, “A Practical Framework for Supply Chain Planning,” Supply Chain Management Review, March – April, 2011.
- Liberatore, M., and Luo, W., “INFORMS and the Analytics Movement: The View of the Membership,” Interfaces, Vol. 41, No 6 (November-December 2011), 578 – 589.
- With W. Luo, “The Analytics Movement: Implications for Operations Research,” Interfaces, Vol. 40, No. 4 (July-August 2010), 313 – 324.
- With T. Coghlan, G. Diehl, E. Karson, W. Luo, R. Nydick, B. Pollack-Johnson, and W. Wagner, “The Current State of Analytics in the Corporation: The View from Industry Leaders,” International Journal of Business Intelligence Research, Vol. 1, No. 2 (2010), 1 – 8.
- With W. Luo, “Coordination in Consultant-Assisted IS Projects: An Agency Theory Perspective,” IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management, 57(2), 2010.
- With W. Luo, “Achieving IT Consultant Objectives Through Client Project Success,” Information & Management, 46(5), 2009.
- With R. Nydick, C. Daskalakis, E. Kunkel, J. Cocroft, and R. Myers, “Helping Men Decide About Scheduling Prostate Cancer Screening Exam,” Interfaces, 39(3), 2009.
- With H. Bowles, J. Holmes, S. Ratcliffe, R. Nydick, and D. Naylor, “Factors Identified by Experts to Support Discharge Referral Decision Making,” Nursing Research, 58(2), 2009.
- “Critical Path Analysis with Fuzzy Activity Times,” IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management, 55(2), 2008.
- With K. Bowles, S. Ratcliffe, J. Holmes, R. Nydick, and M. Naylor, “Discharge Referral Decisions Made by Multidisciplinary Experts Compared to Hospital Clinicians and the Patients’ 12-Week Outcomes,” Medical Care, 46(2), 2008.
- With R. Nydick, “The Analytic Hierarchy Process in Medical and Health Care Decision Making: A Literature Review,” European Journal of Operational Research, Vol. 189 (2008), 194 – 207.
Honors and Awards
- Best Paper Award for Contribution to Theory, Northeast Decision Sciences Institute, 2012
- Certificate of Merit, Institute of Management Accountants, 2007
- John Tonkinson Teaching Innovation Award, 1999
- Villanova University Outstanding Faculty Scholar, 1992
Business Analytics; Project Management; Operations Management; Supply Chain Management
Analytics Applications; Project Planning and Scheduling; Supply Chan Planning; Healthcare Operations
Operations Management; Supply Chain Management; Decision Technology for Business Application; Project Management; Introduction to Business Analytics
- Manager of Operations Analysis and Manager of R&D Planning and Evaluation, FMC Corporation: 1976-80
- Management Science Analyst, RCA Corporation: 1974-76
- Management Research Analyst, University of Pennsylvania: 1972-74
- Consulted with FMC Corporation, Rohm & Haas, Campbell Soup, American Olean Tile, Armstrong World Industries, American Cyanamid, Lockhead-Martin, Thomas Jefferson University, U.S. Small Business Administration, Mannington Mills, and iMedium
At VSB Since 1983