Bartley Hall Rm 2093
800 Lancaster Avenue
Villanova, PA 19085
Education: BS in Finance MBA in Decision Science and MIS; PhD in Strategic Management, University of Maryland ‘s Smith School
- Clark, K., Newbert, S. and Quigley, N. (published September 30, 2017 on-line) The motivational drivers underlying for-profit venture creation: Comparing social and commercial entrepreneurs. (https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/10.1177/0266242617731139), International Small Business Journal
- Becker, T., Kernan, M., Clark, K., and Klein, H. (published Sept. 3, 2015 on-line) Dual commitments to organizations and professions: Different motivational pathways to productivity, (https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/0149206315602532), The Journal of Management
- Clark, K. and Waldron, T. 2016. Predictors of leadership behavior in early career white collar professionals: The roles of personal characteristics and career context, The Journal of Leadership and Organizational Studies, 23(1): 27-38.
- Clark, K. 2014. Top management team relational networks and organizational innovation, The Journal of Management Systems, 24:4, 19-40.
- Clark, K. 2014. Strategic decision-making speed in turbulent environments: The critical role of decision tactics, The Journal of Management Systems, 24:1, 1-21.
- Clark, K., Quigley, N., and Stumpf, S. 2014. The Influence of Decision Frames and Vision Priming on Decision Outcomes in Work Groups, Journal of Business Ethics, 120(1): 27-38.
- Craig, T., Maggitti, P., and Clark, K. 2013. Knowledge flows and constraints to the entrepreneurial process, (Eds., J. Katz and T. Corbett) Advances in Entrepreneurship, Firm Emergence, and Growth, V. 15: 185-205.
- Emerald: Bingley. Clark, K. and Maggitti, P. 2012. Top Management Team Potency and Strategic Decision-Making in High Technology Firms, The Journal of Management Studies. 49: 1168-1193.
- Blackwell, London. Maggitti, P., Slay, H., and Clark, K. 2010. Hypercrisis leadership: Leading in the face of a shaken culture, The Leadership Review.
- Weiss, J., Thorogood, A., and Clark, K. 2007. Three IT-business alignment profiles: Technical resource, business enabler, and strategic weapon, Communications of the AIS. V18:676-691.
- Existing Knowledge, Knowledge Creation Capability and the Rate of New Product Introduction in High Technology Firms “, 2005, Academy of Management Journal 48: 346-357.
- “Strategic Human Resource Practices, Top Management Team Social Networks, and Firm Performance: The Role of HR Practices in Creating Organizational Performance “, 2003, Academy of Management Journal, 46(6): 740-751.
- “Professional Services Firms in Transition: Challenges and Opportunities for Improving Performance ” 2002.Organizational Dynamics, 31(3): 259-279.
- “Strategic Decision-Making in High Velocity Environments: A Theory Revisited and a Test “, 2002. Strategic Management Society Annual Research Series Creating Value: Strategy in the Entrepreneurial Millenium (M. Hitt, R. Amit, and R. Nixon, Eds.), Wiley.
- “Getting from Here to Innovation: A Multidisciplinary Discussion of Ways in which Managers can Foster Organizational Innovation ” 2005. Proceedings of the Southern Management Association.
Honors and Awards
Placed second for Scholarly Achievement Award given by Academy of Management for best paper of the year in HR field; Nominated five times (second in 2001) for McKinsey and Company Best Paper Prize at Strategic Management Society; Winner of Krowe teaching award at University of Maryland
Boards of Directors, Business Education, Decision-making, Corporate Governance, Leadership, Social Capital, Teams
Top Management Teams (TMT) networks, innovation, strategic decision-making, TMT potency, research productivity, nascent leadership
Policy Formulation (undergraduate and MBA), Strategic Management of Global Organizations (Graduate Business)
Division Supervisor of Production Scheduling, Bethlehem Steel Corp 2000 -04; Production Line Worker General Motors.
At VSB Since 2001
Learn More: Online Master of Business Administration