Associate Professor, Management & Operations
Bartley Hall Rm 2039
800 Lancaster Avenue
Villanova, PA 19085
Education: BS in Finance MBA in Decision Science and MIS PhD in Strategic Management, University of Maryland ‘s Smith School
- Existing Knowledge, Knowledge Creation Capability and the Rate of New Product Introduction in High Technology Firms “, 2005, Academy of Management Journal 48: 346-357.
- “Strategic Human Resource Practices, Top Management Team Social Networks, and Firm Performance: The Role of HR Practices in Creating Organizational Performance “, 2003, Academy of Management Journal, 46(6): 740-751.
- “Professional Services Firms in Transition: Challenges and Opportunities for Improving Performance ” 2002.Organizational Dynamics, 31(3): 259-279.
- “Strategic Decision-Making in High Velocity Environments: A Theory Revisited and a Test “, 2002. Strategic Management Society Annual Research Series Creating Value: Strategy in the Entrepreneurial Millenium (M. Hitt, R. Amit, and R. Nixon, Eds.), Wiley.
- “Getting from Here to Innovation: A Multidisciplinary Discussion of Ways in which Managers can Foster Organizational Innovation ” 2005. Proceedings of the Southern Management Association.
Honors and Awards
Placed second for Scholarly Achievement Award given by Academy of Management for best paper of the year in HR field; Nominated five times (second in 2001) for McKinsey and Company Best Paper Prize at Strategic Management Society; Winner of Krowe teaching award at University of Maryland
Boards of Directors, Business Education, Decision-making, Corporate Governance, Leadership, Social Capital, Teams
Top Management Teams (TMT) networks, innovation, strategic decision-making, TMT potency, research productivity, nascent leadership
Policy Formulation (undergraduate and MBA), Strategic Management of Global Organizations (Graduate Business)
Division Supervisor of Production Scheduling, Bethlehem Steel Corp 2000 -04; Production Line Worker General Motors.
At VSB Since 2001