John A. Murphy Professor of Marketing & Business Law
Bartley Hall Rm 2053
800 Lancaster Avenue
Villanova, PA 19085
- MBA, Michigan State University
- PhD, Michigan State University
- Taylor, C., S. Okazaki, B. Mueller. 2010. “Measuring hard sell and soft sell advertising appeals.” Journal of Advertising. 35.
- Taylor, C., M. Capella, R. Campbell, and L. Longwell. 2009. “Do pharmaceutical marketing activities raise prices? Evidence from five major therapeutic classes.” Journal of Public Policy and Marketing.
- Taylor, C. 2009. “Editorial: The six principles of digital advertising.” International Journal of Advertising. 28(3).
- Taylor, C. and H. Rotfeld. 2009. “The advertising regulation and self-regulation issues ripped from the headlines with (sometimes missed) opportunities for disciplined multi-disciplinary research.” Journal of Advertising. 38(4).
- Rotfeld, H.J., Taylor, C. Raymond. 2009. “The Advertising Regulation and Self-Regulation Issues Ripped from the Headlines with Opportunities for Disciplined Self-Disciplinary Research.” Journal of Advertising. 38(4). (Forthcoming)
- Capella, M.L., Taylor, C. Raymond, Campbell, R., Longwell, L. 2009. “Do Pharmaceutical Marketing Activities Raise Prices? Evidence from Five Major Therapeutic Classes> Journal of Public Policy and Marketing. 28(2).
Honors and Awards
- Villanova University Outstanding Faculty Research Award, 2009; Journal of Advertising, Best Paper Award with Michael Capella, 2008; Hans B. Thorelli Award for contribution to international marketing; Charles Slater Award for contribution to macro-marketing; Fulbright Senior Specialist; Consortium Faculty, American Marketing Association Marketing and Public Policy Conference ; Consortium Faculty, Society for Marketing Advances; Congressional Testimony on Outdoor Advertising, May 1986; Fulbright Senior Specialist.
Advertising; Branding; Consumer Marketing; Marketing; Globalization; International Marketing; International Trade; Public Policy; International Advertising
- International Advertising; Pharmaceutical Advertising; Tobacco and Alcohol Advertising; Marketing to Asian Americans; Advertising Regulation; On-Premise Signs and Billboards; Advertising and Financial Performance
International Marketing, Advertising, Strategic Analysis & Implementation Module II
- Consulting: General Motors; Philip Morris USA; Clear Channel Communications; Infinity Broadcasting; Eller Media; Magic Media; Dechert, LLP; Jones Day, LLP; Sussman Godfrey, L.L.P; Zoom Media.
- Featured speaker: European Advertising Academy; Korean Advertising Society; Asia Pacific Law Students Association; International Sign Association; Outdoor Advertising Association of America, Transportation Research Board.
Learn More: Online Master of Business Administration