Professor of the Practice, Management & Operations
Bartley Hall Rm 2092
800 Lancaster Avenue
Villanova, PA 19085
Ph.D., Decision Sciences, Drexel University, 2009
MS, Systems Engineering, University of Virginia, 2006
BS, Business Administration, University of Richmond, 2002
- Myers, Bret R. and Coughlin, Brian Q. “On the Relationship Between Attacking Third Pass Behavior and Success in the English Premier League”, The Sport Journal 9/1/2016
- Liberatore, Matt J., Myers, Bret R., Nydick, Robert L., and Weiss, Howard J. “Revisiting the Ranking of Outstanding Sports Records”, Journal of Sports Analytics, 1(2), 2015
- Myers, Bret “A proposed decision rule for the timing of soccer substitutions” Journal of Quantitative Analysis in Sports 8(1), 2012
- Myers, Bret and Banerjee, Avijit “A simulation-optimization approach to the inventory management of two perishable and substitutable items” Academy of Business Disciplines Journal, 4(1), 2012.
- Laessig, Robert E. and Bret R. Myers. “Issues and Considerations Regarding the Use of Enterprise Simulations Early in an EMBA Program,” Academy of Business Disciplines Journal, 2, 2010.
- Analytics in Business and Sports
- Programming in R
- VSB 3008: Operations Management
- MBA 8250: Business Operations in the 21st Century
- MBA 8147: Analytics in Sports Businesses
- VSB 2008: Business Analytics
- MBA 8529: Intro to R Programming
- MSA 8105: Programming in R and Python
- MGMT 2206: Sports Analytics
- MSA 8310: Advanced Applications in Analytics
- MGT 4170: Advanced Analytics
- At VSB since 2006
In the News Media
- The New York Times When Should a Soccer Manager Insert His Subs?
- The Wall Street Journal The Science of Soccer Substitutions
- The Wall Street Journal Ranking Sports Records
- Sports Illustrated Ranking Sports Records
- Washington Post Beautiful game discovers algorithms can be beautiful too
- FiveThirtyEight Down At Halftime In A Soccer Game? Use Your Subs.
Learn more about Villanova’s Online Master of Science in Analytics Program.