Technological innovation has fundamentally changed the way today’s legal, accounting and tax professionals serve their clients. It has also revolutionized the way we deliver graduate education. That’s exactly why the Villanova University Graduate Tax Program is adding our distinguished taxation degree programs to the online arena. Our distance learning portfolio now includes:
- Master of Laws (LLM) in Taxation online
- Master of Taxation (MT) online
These programs are expertly designed to deliver the complete Villanova educational experience in a cutting-edge online format. The flexibility and convenience of this innovative approach allows you to earn your degree while simultaneously balancing the demands of work and family.
Rankings & Accreditation
Villanova University is consistently ranked among the best in the nation.
- U.S. News & World Report ranked Villanova University in the top 50 of the nation’s best colleges and universities in the 2017 “Best Colleges” ranking.
- Forbes ranks Villanova University in the top 100 of “America’s Top Colleges.”
- Villanova University School of Business is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB)—the premier accrediting agency for business programs.
- Villanova University Charles Widger School of Law is accredited by the American Bar Association (ABA). Villanova University Charles Widger School of Law is approved by the Council of the Section of Legal Education and Admissions to the Bar of the American Bar Association, 321 North Clark Street, Chicago, IL 60654, (312) 988-6738
Villanova Online LLM and MT Tax Program Highlights
Why choose our online Graduate Programs in Taxation?
- Examine taxation from multiple perspectives.
- Learn from an industry-experienced faculty of taxation experts.
- Gain practical taxation experience through hands-on learning opportunities.
- Enjoy a learning environment that fosters strong networking opportunities.
- Earn your degree 100% online in as few as 2 years.
In the highly complex field of tax law, only one thing is constant: change. The accounting and legal professionals with a thorough understanding of core taxation concepts—and the ability to communicate those concepts effectively to clients and team members—will drive results and stand out from the rest. That’s exactly what Villanova’s online graduate programs in taxation can prepare you to do.
The attorney’s Master of Laws (LLM) in Taxation
and the accountant’s Master of Taxation (MT)
programs provide an in-depth examination of taxation—broadening and sharpening your understanding of tax law and procedure.
Additionally, the online programs also deliver the same high-quality, rigorous curriculum as the campus-based programs and
allow you to complete all of your coursework in a flexible and convenient online format.
What can you do with your LLM in Taxation or MT degree from Villanova?
There have been approximately 4,680 changes to the U.S. tax code since 2001—an average of more than one per day.* As a result, the demand for high-potential legal and accounting professionals with a deep understanding of the latest tax practices and policies continues to rise.
Now is the time to separate yourself from the competition. And that’s exactly what the Graduate Tax Program at Villanova University can help you do. By earning your LLM or MT online from Villanova, you can acquire the sophisticated blend of taxation-based accounting, legal and business expertise to help you thrive in top public and private sector organizations around the world.
Why earn your LLM in Taxation or MT online from Villanova?
A master of science in taxation from Villanova can equip you with the specialized knowledge and hands-on expertise to help you stay one step ahead of the competition—now, and into the future. Program highlights include:
- Comprehensive Curriculum: The cutting-edge curriculum of Villanova’s online LLM and MT tax programs provides more than just a thorough review of today’s core taxation concepts. It connects theoretical study to real-world applications. The programs’ elective offerings are diverse, attracting a unique blend of legal, accounting and other business professionals. This type of diversity generates meaningful discussions and rich interaction with your fellow classmates and heightens your learning potential.
- Well-Rounded Approach: Developed by Villanova University Charles Widger School of Law and the Villanova School of Business, the rigorous and relevant curriculum of Villanova’s online LLM and MT programs examines taxation from multiple perspectives—allowing you to explore how the law and accounting affect the field’s ever-changing landscape.
- Expert Faculty: The renowned tax faculty at Villanova is comprised of industry leaders with experience at the highest levels of government and the private sector. This is your opportunity to learn from some of the best and brightest minds in law, business, accounting and taxation.
- Industry-Ready Experience: The online graduate programs in taxation at Villanova meld real-world education with professional responsibility in tax practice. The innovative online format provides you with a wide variety of hands-on learning opportunities that prepare you to apply your knowledge in a meaningful way. This type of immersive learning can help you acquire specialized expertise and practical experience to thrive as a tax professional.
What is the Villanova Difference?
As an online student in the Graduate Tax Program, you have the opportunity to become part of a distinguished and supportive learning community. Our programs are designed to provide a high-quality and highly engaging educational experience that fosters both your intellectual and personal growth. Our goal is to shape the next generation of attorneys, accountants, fiscal leaders and tax experts: ethical professionals who can think critically, act compassionately and succeed while serving others.
We provide the tools, connections and support that can help you operate effectively as a tax professional and industry leader in a wide variety of settings, from government and private corporations to international organizations and academia. Our core values and commitment to service—combined with our premier role at the forefront of taxation and education—ensure that you will have the opportunity to acquire the targeted knowledge, industry insight and real-world client experience to succeed in the global marketplace.
Now is the time to advance your taxation expertise and continue to define the direction of your career—and we can help. Enroll in one of Villanova University’s online Graduate Tax Programs today.
Villanova University also offers on-campus options for the LLM and MT programs. For more information, click here